About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States

Friday, October 8, 2010

Life is a little too exciting sometimes

This week was really stressful.  My classes are all over the place and it figuring out how to get everywhere for the first time was a nightmare.  I spend nearly the same amount of time traveling as I do in actual class hours.  I have it all figured out for the most part now so that's quite a relief. 

My new roomates are wonderful.  One of them recently left to go back to Mexico.  He's a former Mexican boy band member and his nickname is Party Party Boy.  We used to sit around and talk Mexican food all day.  I miss him already!  The new roommate is originally from Morrocco and he's going to help me with my French.  I'm pretty excited about that.  The Ecuadorian has just had her heart broken.  She and her sweetie recently split up and she misses Party Party. 

I just about had a heart attack on Wednesday because the cops were banging on my door and screaming at me in Spanish.  They asked for my passport and then if anyone else lived with me.  I told them I only spoke
English (they didn't at all) and that was the only one in the flat.  I also told them I was just visiting Barcelona.  They didn't write down my passport number or anything and then just left.  They also went to our neighbors across the hall and started talking to them as well.  I am not sure what was going on.  I told my roommates about it and they were confused as well because things like that rarely happen in Barcelona.  I thought it was going to be the Spanish version of an ICE raid.  No one else seems concerned about it so I am trying not to be.  

I have only had random access to the internet since I moved to my new place. I thought they there was going to be wifi by the time I moved in, but it hasn't been set up.  Fow now, I am paying an arm and a leg to use a mobile internet device.  It pretty much cancels out the fact that I moved into a cheaper place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment