About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Book Market!!!!

Today I went to an open air book market at the old Sant Antoni market.  It was AWESOME.  There were vendors selling tons of used books, CDs, DVDs, magazines, "adult" things, comics, old postcards, etc.  Nerd paradise.  I bought a manga and an old cowboy book to practice my Spanish.  Unfortunately, the manga is confusing because it is written in the opposite order as English books (right to left).  I keep messing up the order of the frames when I try to read it.  The market happens every Sunday which is super exciting!!!  Yay!!!!

Tonight I'm going to a Halloween party at a Texan friend's house. It will be interesting to celebrate a holiday that originated in Europe, became something else in the U.S., and now is being re-coopted again in Europe.  They have All Saints Day here, which is basically cemetery day.  Candy, scantily clad people, and costume parties are largely an American invention.  I don't know who or what I will be going as, but I am going over to a friend's house in a few hours for some inspiration and assistance.

1 comment:

  1. Hey JP! How was the Halloween party?
    Have you check out the photo contest I talked you about?
    Go on Lifestyle Barcelona fan page on Facebook and take part!
    Cheers,
    Chloé

    ReplyDelete