About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Things are getting better :)

I've been so busy looking for work lately that I haven't posted in forever!

I found more teaching positions so now I have enough for rent and food (barely).  I still need to find more hours, but it's a load off of my chest to mostly afford living here.  The classes are all over town so I'll be traveling quite a bit, but that's the way it goes for your first year of teaching.  On Thursday I move into my new place near Universitat.  The common areas are quite small, but my bedroom is going to be a lot bigger with a full size bed and an external window (yay!). 

This week is the MercĂ© festival which is the biggest festival in Barcelona.  It is a week long and there are free events every single day.  Over the weekend I saw Belle & Sebastian and Goldfrappp among several other bands.  There were fireworks on Sunday night, but I flaked out on going because the thought of being smooshed by sweaty strangers in  a crowd for the third night in the row did not appeal to me. 

I have a job interview today in Badalona, just at the edge of Barcelona, and then later in the afternoon I have my first in-company class.  Now it's time to walk Duke the duker.  Yesterday an old lady got really mad at me because he diarrheaed on the street and I couldn't clean it all up.  Hopefully, we won't have the same problem again.

No comments:

Post a Comment