About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Gettin' cozy

This last week has been fairly busy for me.  I moved into my new place on Wednesday.  It's in the same barrio as before, Gracia.  Duke and I share the space with 2 people and 4 cats.  The salon is painted like the Catalan flag and there's is a nice terrace to hang out on.  My room is small, but I love the location and the creatures I live with.

Since it is the beginning of September, everyone is back from vacation including all the language schools.  I hit the streets and sent out a blitzkrieg of job applications.  I nailed one interview to tutor people for SAT I and II and AP tests.  She'll be sending me clients as they come in, so for now I'm not sure how many hours I will get.  The pay is good (20€/hour) and they provide all the teaching materials. I met another person yesterday who will be handing over some of her private classes to me at a similar rate.  On Monday, I have an interview in Montgat for an English teaching position.  I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that I can start bringing in some dough soon.

Stay tuned for photos of my new place!  Duke and Ourso, one of the cats, are napping in the salon.  It's really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment