About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Half nakie sun bake

I went to Sitges yesterday with a new Canadian friend, Jen.  I am definitely a fan of the Mediterranean beaches.  Apparently Sitges is the gay beach hub in the Barcelona area.  It was fantastic.  Lots of dudes in little hot pants and speedos.  We tried to find THE gay nudie beach, but gave up after walking in the hot sun for about 20 minutes.  Since it's Europe everyone gets to go topless so I figured halfway there isn't bad and we plopped down somewhere in the middle of the string of beaches.  

It seems like the Spaniards don't actually eat much.  I think my roommates eat breakfast at 2 in the afternoon...I've only seen them sit down to have a meal a handful of times.  For some reason I had this expectation that people would be real foodies, but as far as I've seen, they don't cook much.  I made arroz caldo the other day and my roommates were totally blown away.  Maybe it's a generational thing since they're all in their 20s.  If so, then that's something they have in common with the American boomerang generation.  Whenever I try to feed them the look confused - this contradicts my Filipino sensibilities.  I feel really self-conscious about always eating and cooking.  Oh well.

I did have some dulce de leche gelato that was absolutely to die for.  I also had a sandwich which is always anti-climatic here.  I don't really think they believe in condiments at all and I miss my Veganaise and stoneground mustard.  I don't really even use ketchup much, but I bought some because I felt obligated to have it in the kitchen.

Next weekend there is a gay pride celebration in Sitges which sounds really exciting.  Hopefully I'll have some scandalous things to report on.

No comments:

Post a Comment