About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States

Sunday, June 27, 2010

I'm here.

I think I have been awake for over 24 hours.  It's hard to tell with all the time zone changes.  I am stilll feeling a bit overwhelmed and frazzled.  I flew with Delta/KLM and it was the worst flight I have ever experienced.  Actually, the flight itself wasn't that bad, but everything leading up to it was.  The customer service is horrible.  The first leg of my flight, which began at SeaTac, I was shuffled around to 4 different lines just to get my ticket.  Then, my bags got searched at the security checkpoint, which seems to be a regular occurrence for me.

It is now Sunday at 9 am.  I wrote the paragraph above really late last night and felt too wiped out to finish.  My baggage will arrive between now and 2 pm.  The airline will deliver them to my apartment, but that means I can't really leave the house at all until they get here.  That really bums me out because today is Barcelona Pride.  I also don't feel confident interacting with the locals in dirty clothes.  I brought a clean change of underwear and a toothbrush in my carry-on and that's about as good as it's going to get for the time being.

I don't know my way around yet and wasn't present enough yesterday to pick up a map of the city (got lost twice already).  I did manage to get a pay-as-you-go cell phone and a few groceries.  Living in the godless U.S. for so long, I neglected to plan for the fact that everything will be closed on Sunday.  It looks like I'll be having potatos and bananas till tomorow.

2 comments:

  1. It will all be better when the dog arrives. And you get more sleep. And a good meal in your belly. We're thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete